Today, I’m sharing with you another Super Bowl option for healthy game day food. This recipe comes directly from my new book, High Fiber Keto. For quick and easy game day food, I’ve got a delicious Super Bowl keto chili recipe for you, which is so stress-free to prepare, and yet super nourishing.
Who doesn’t love chili when it’s also healthy for you at the same time, especially when you can top it with some Greek yogurt or sour cream for added fat, flavor, and probiotics? If you can take the heat, add the cayenne pepper, which may promote vascular and metabolic health. Let’s dive in.
KETO CHILI RECIPE
Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoons chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 5 cups spinach
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil (optional)
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the oil. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, until soft and translucent. Add the chopped pepper, zucchini, and squash and cook until they are soft and cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- While the vegetables are cooking, brown the ground beef. Heat a Dutch oven or large pan over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and start to brown it. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cumin, chili powder, and cayenne, if desired, to the meat. Stir to combine.
- When the meat is browned, add the spinach to the pan and cook until wilted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and reduce the heat to medium-low; simmer for 10 minutes. Add the vegetables to the ground beef and stir to combine.
- Serve topped with avocado, yogurt, parsley, and a drizzle of oil as desired. Serve with a side salad dressed in the remaining oil.
Nutritional analysis per serving (1/4 Chili): calories 655 • fat 57 g • protein 25 g • carbs 18 g • fiber 8 g
My final advice for this high fiber keto recipe: Break the rules and make a double batch, then freeze half for when you need a quick meal. Having my own “freezer meals” has helped me stick to my keto lifestyle over the last few years— especially when life gets busy. If I get home late, I always know I can have a nourishing keto meal ready for me and my family in a relatively short time.