This delicious low-protein pâté can be enjoyed atop a bed of fresh spring greens, spread on seeded crackers, or wrapped in a large collard green that’s stuffed with sprouts, avocado, and chopped Kalamata olives.
Have fun playing around with the herbs, especially the bitter, mineral-rich varieties like parsley and cilantro. As you begin to increase your intake of goodfats, bitter herbs can assist the digestive system in processing them with ease. Since this pâté combines the goodfats in macadamia nuts and bitter elements like lemon juice and cilantro, it’s a simple way to start experimenting with recipes that incorporate the health benefits of these two tasty ingredients.
Yields: About 1 cup
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, cilantro or parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- Place the macadamia nuts in the food processor with the bell pepper, lemon juice, and blend until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl in between pulses.
- Add the fresh herbs, garlic, turmeric, sea salt, and blend again.
- Store in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Nutrition Facts: (serving size: 1/4 cup) Fat: 25 g Protein: 3 g Fiber: 3 g Carb: 6 g Net Carb: 3 g