This delectable recipe revamps traditional cookie ingredients to utilize the goodfats from macadamia nuts, grass-fed butter, and organic eggs to create a texture that is luscious and a flavor that is rich. Enjoy one of these cookies as a snack or dessert without compromising the integrity of your healthy diet and lifestyle. (And be sure to look for real bergamot extract as part of this recipe! I like doTerra or Silvercloud brands.)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons monk fruit
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed, organic butter
- 1 large organic egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 drops real bergamot extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and set aside. Add all of the wet ingredients to a food processor and blend until silky smooth. Slowly add in the dry ingredient, a quarter cup at a time. Blend until batter is smooth. Then, fold in macadamia nuts.
- Scoop about a tablespoon of batter at a time onto cookie sheet. Press down with fingers or the back of a fork.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before enjoying.
Nutrition Facts: (serving size: 1 cookie) Fat: 8 g Protein: 3 g Fiber: 2 g Carb: 3 g Net Carb: 1 g