A yummy keto breakfast meal choice, this frittata recipe I’m sharing today has plenty of good fats and nutrient-rich high fiber foods.
There are many high fiber veggies that can be worked into your keto diet – two such vegetables to enjoy are broccoli and spinach which are a couple of key ingredients in this recipe. I’ve also included turmeric, a fiber-rich herb, that supports metabolic health in many ways while promoting autophagy. Lastly, if you’ve been following me for a while, I’m sure you know by now that Pili nuts are my favorite keto nut, and, yes, I have included them in this amazing recipe as well. Enjoy!
Broccoli Frittata with Creamed Pesto Swirl
2 tablespoons Simply GOODFATS Organic MCT Oil
½ onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups finely chopped broccoli florets
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ cup Creamed Pesto (see below)
Black pepper to taste
1 cup basil
1 cup spinach
¼ cup Simply GOODFATS Organic MCT Oil
2 tablespoons pili nuts or pine nuts
¼ cup full fat ricotta cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place basil, spinach, MCT oil and pili (or pine) nuts in the bowl of a food processor and blend until evenly combined. Add ricotta cheese and a little salt and pepper, then pulse a few times until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning depending on desired preference. Set creamed pesto to the side.
- Preheat oven to 350° F and set oven rack in the center.
- Heat MCT oil in an oven-safe cast iron pan over medium heat. Sautee onion for about 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Lower heat, then stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about another minute.
- Add in broccoli and a little water to loosen vegetable mixture and cook until fork-tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- With a fork, beat eggs, turmeric, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Swirl in the Creamed Pesto. Add the egg mixture over the veggies and cook on low for a few minutes. Finish cooking in the oven until eggs are firm and solid texture, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts: per serving (1/4 Frittata): Fat 25g, Protein 15g, Carbohydrate 7g, Fiber 1g, Net Carbohydrate 6g
For more information on the high fiber keto diet and its benefits,ready my new book, High Fiber Keto. You can also join my community who receives my weekly newsletter, with new blogs, quick switches, products, videos, and more!