When looking for recipes and meals that boost metabolism and give you that metabolic advantage, here is how to build the perfect High Fiber Keto plate:
- First, fill up half of your plate with low-carb, yet high-fiber These provide minerals, vitamins, important plant compounds including antioxidants and help add volume to your meal so you feel full.
- Next, choose about 4-6 ounces of high-quality protein such as wild-caught salmon, organic chicken or grass-fed beef.
- Then, add several servings of good fats like coconut oil, MCT oil, avocado oil, avocados, full-fat coconut milk, olives, olive oil, nuts and seeds. Fats provide the bulk of the calories and energy to your meal, so make sure your fuel is clean!
- Finally, give your meal a boost with herbs, spices, fermented foods and sea salt.
As you start High Fiber Keto, this plate will equate to around 70% of calories from fat, 20% of calories from protein and 5-10% of calories from carbs. Once you are in ketosis and a High Fiber Keto pro, you can play with the ratios to optimize what works best for you.
Here is a collection of some of my favorite High Fiber Keto recipes to give your metabolism the advantage that you seek!
Metabolism boosting smoothies and shakes:
- Collagen Double Chocolate Shake – I can’t get enough of this creamy combination and it’s such a satisfying recipe with collagen protein and creamy MCT oil!
- High Fiber Keto Smoothie – This one is for the berry lovers. Berries are a low-carb, high fiber and high polyphenol food – a winning combo for your metabolic health!
Metabolism boosting snacks and sides:
- Keto Roasted Vegetables – I love having roasted veggies on hand as a way to add more fiber to my meals.
- Zucchini Dip – This dip is like hummus, but a completely keto-friendly way to support metabolism.
Metabolism boosting main dishes:
- Broccoli Frittata with Creamy Pesto Swirl – Pesto is another great way to add fiber-friendly veggies to meals. Pair this frittata with a green smoothie for breakfast or a salad for lunch.
- Keto Chili – Hearty and satisfying to the metabolism, this chili is packed with fiber-rich veggies, protein and flavor.
- Parmesan Chicken Tenders with Roasted Brussels Sprouts – Need I say more! A fun and delicious meal that includes all of the components and benefits of a High Fiber Keto meal.
With the prevalence of metabolic syndrome and chronic disease that our communities face, it can feel overwhelming to address. I want to leave you with the thought that the power is in your hands to put the brakes on metabolic dysfunction and choose a new course to optimal health. It starts with one habit or one metabolism boosting meal and grows from there. Thank you for joining me on this journey!
You can also subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get more information regarding keto and general wellness, new products, coupons for my online store, videos and more!