Halloween can mark the start of the winter holiday season, where there can be many obstacles to maintaining health habits. In fact, many put off their health goals until January. This year, instead of going without, or overindulging in low-quality candy, make the switch to making your own health-promoting candy and treats.
These gummies are made with AutophaTea, which is packed with EGCG polyphenols, Ceylon cinnamon, and Italian whole-fruit bergamot to activate your body’s rejuvenation. Gelatin is similar in nutrients and healing properties as collagen, but is perfect for candy making because it gels when mixed into warm liquid! I’ve also included some good fats in this recipe from the organic Simply GOODFATS® Coconut Creamer. If you’d like to make different color gummies, play around with adding beet, turmeric or spirulina powder! Instead of a Halloween sugar crash, treat yourself to a nourishing (and fun!) sweet treat that will make you glow!
- Steep two AutophaTea bags in 12 ounces of nearly-boiling water for 3 minutes. Remove tea bags.
- Put brewed tea in a small saucepan over low heat to keep hot, but not boiling.
- Add the organic Simply GOODFATS Coconut Creamer and monk fruit. Stir to combine.
- Add the gelatin, one tablespoon at a time, whisking until it is thoroughly dissolved before adding the next tablespoon. Repeat with each tablespoon of gelatin.
- Pour into silicone candy molds.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours before removing from molds or store in the freezer for 20 minutes. Store leftovers in a covered glass container.
Nutrition Facts: (serving size:) Fat: 1 g Protein: 5 g Fiber: 0 g Carb: 0 g Net Carb: 0 g